Thúy Nga Forum

Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Thúy Nga Online] >> [Default Category] >> Thúy Nga Products >> Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/11/2006 5:47:56 PM   
Ai Quoc

**PARIS BY NIGHT 80**
**Tet Khap Moi Nha**

Thank you SO much everyone for being patient with me. I'm just as excited [if not more] to get this DVD in my hands just as you all are and I'm sorry for those of you who have to wait just a FEW more days but let me tell you that it's WELL worth the wait! First let me say that the poster is BEAUTIFUL. We wouldn't expect LESS from Thuy Nga, right? ;)

Okay so as for the actual cover itself, it comes with the standard cardboard sleeve that we are all so used to know with the new Paris By Night DVDs. It's got a gold metallic look to it just like a Li Xi envelope! And metaphorically, this DVD is sort of like a li xi because inside the sleeve is something worth more than the price that you pay for it! At least to me it is, hehe. However, although unique, I wasn't a big fan of the actual red color of the DVD box. Looks very similar to my Austin Powers DVD [the first one I think]. Maybe if it was a deeper red it wouldn't look so funny but it makes it look a little cheap. Singers are spread throughout rather than on the actual advertisement poster so it doesn't look AS crowded...but some may think otherwise. Disk 01 has LTQ and TD and Disk 02 has NQ and TS. Inside is an insert with a revised track listing which adds Huong Lan. Shame that they made a mistake! Not sure if the same photographer/graphics designer did this one and the one for PBN 76 but they are different to me. All the singers on the PBN 76 cover look very "fake" to me...very cartoony and airbrushed. While airbrushing may have went on with this cover, they don't look as cartoony as on the PBN 76 poster...just something I noticed.

As for the overall show, I enjoyed it just about as much as PBN 76 although they are COMPLETELY different...which is good right? Why would we want a carbon copy of a previous Tet Video? Not one song is repeated and I noticed that there are A LOT of unrecognized songs to me on this DVD. Maybe because I don't get out much but I just didn't know ANY of them...I can honestly say. Some were newly written just for Thuy Nga while I'm sure other songs will be recognized by other viewers. Lighting was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Editing was, for the most part, acceptable. Some things should have been edited out, but only nit-pickers like me really notice those things which will be mentioned throughout. Also, they did something different with the transition between some of the songs. Rather than going straight to the MC podium, sometimes Ky Duyen would pop out from the side and announce the next song...something new I guess. Can't see that being done at a large venue though. At first I thought that the backdrop behind the MCs would be exactly the same as last year but it's completely different. They have a large oval screen behind them which sometimes says Tet/Thuy Nga/even an outline of a dog [for the year of the dog, MY YEAR! ;)]. I haven't watched the entire DVD completely but I haven't noticed any overlapping in MC conversations as in the last DVD. Hopefully they learned their lesson...

Advertisement for Paris By Night 81 Live Taping...

Opening Credits...

01] Múa Lân [Introduction]: I liked this introduction a lot more than last years. While PBN 76 was probably a little more elaborate, it was a little boring to me. Maybe I just don't appreciate some of the things that go on during Tet enough but my family didn't really bring me up at a "Tet" environment...I stopped getting red envelopes after about 4th grade! Anyways, this one was a little more upbeat and a little shorter so my attention wasn't lost! Cute kids doing karate moves.

02] Như Quỳnh, Tâm Ðoan, Lương Tùng Quang, Thế Sơn - Xuân Quê Ta: Definitely different from the opening we saw in PBN 76. This one is exciting, similarly cutesy and includes males ;) Everyone did a great job with this one, I thought LTQ and Tam Doan were especially cute. At the beginning they did this really fast speech, cute! I honestly prefer the opening for PBN 76 but this one was good for a show opener. At the end, Selena came out...she was super cute. Messed up a little but I'm glad they left that in, they could have easily used a dress rehearsal taping or whatever so it gives it a more live appearance...plus at her age, u can't expect her to pull off her first stage introduction to be flawless right? hehe...her Vietnamese isn't all that great though...you can hear it in her speach but her French sounds GREAT! Listne to how she pronounces PARIS!

03] Minh Tuyết - Mưa Xuân: Minh Tuyet is absolutely adorable, I love her flowly dress! When she comes out, she bends down to smell the fake flowers hehe. She looks really happy and alive and really sings her heart out. She adds a little R&B feel to it too with a LITTLE riffing...not a lot but it's there! Definitely will listen to this song over and over again since MT is at the TOP of my list!

04] Trần Thái Hòa - Nhớ Một Chiều Xuân: Honestly it's yet another song from TTH but then again can we get ENOUGH of this AWESOME vocalist? A beautifully put together piece written by Nguyen Van Dong and has a jazzy sound to it. Absolutely loved it. His deep voice is so soothing and I love how at the end he thanks the audience, just as he does every time hehe ;) So polite!

05] Bảo Hân, Như Loan, Tú Quyên - Xuân Về Trên Môi Em: These there are a great trio! We've all seen BH + NL and NL + TQ and we've heard TQ + BH, etc. Now they are all together! I know that there are a lot of Tu Quyen fans out there...I'm not a BIG fan but I do see that her fan base is so supportive and that must be very flattering for TQ as she continues to be invited to the BEST production company! Such an honor and I'm sure the fans play a little part in that ;) They are all so scantally clad! I'm okay with that but there are a lot of older generation folks in the audience, not sure how they feel about that. We also get to see some booty shaking ;) You'll see if you watch it hehe. A VERY catchy song...sort of like Yeu Lam Chi...listen a few more times and it sticks!

06] Tâm Ðoan - Tâm Sự Ngày Xuân: Tam Doan is beautiful as always. Her hair is flowly similar to the finale in PBN 77. Love her dress. Tam Doan is so versatile and that's what I love about her. The music arrangement is beautiful and the trees on the stage are a perfect touch...she appears to be in a pseudo spring forest hehe. Just something that came across my mind...for those who love Tam Doan, check out her rendition of Qua Con Me on the Mua Xuan Cua Me CD...LOVE that song!!!! Great Job Tam Doan! Please introduce me to LTQ!!!

07] Quang Lê - Mừng Tuổi Mẹ: The stage props stay the same [yellow trees] and while it's yet another Quang Le song, the words are so meaningful! Maybe because I love my mom SOOO much and seriously thank her everyday for being there for me...so this song is for those of you who really hold a special place in your heart for the one who brought you into the world :) Just a note though...Quang Le, while I love him, needs to do something different! Same old solos and duets with Ngoc Ha [although those are probably gone!]...I heard a song on his new 7000...CD and it's SO nice...something different from his que huong type music. Maybe a duet with Nhu Loan one day? HEHE!

08] Hồ Lệ Thu - Cánh Bướm Vườn Xuân: WOW! I LOVE THIS SONG! Her dress is SO beautiful and the umbrellas look SO intricate. Wonder how much they cost?! Ky Duyen said that this song was translated into Vietnamese...not sure from what country but it's beautiful. I love it when she sings really slow...and there's no background music and then goes into the "cha cha cha" type beat hehe!

09] Ngọc Liên - Rước Xuân Về Nhà: WOW, Ngoc Lien really blew me away with this song. I didn't really care for her in her debut Chi Rieng Minh Em Hieu and her duet with The Son only gave me 50% of her...but in this song...it really shows off what she's capable of and she doesn't really dip into the low notes as before. And then she gets interviewed and she is SO SWEET! Don't interviews usually mean you're gonna be with Thuy Nga for a while? [Sorry Rebecca Quynh...!!] She discusses how she came to Thuy Nga, etc. You can all hear for yourself when you purchase this DVD!

10] Trường Vũ - Chuyện Ngày Cuối Năm: Note a fan of Truong Vu...new haircut but he's still...eh...pink suit...YUCK! However, I did make myself listen to the song and it's nice, but it sounds like I've heard this song before because ALL his songs sound the SAME!

11] Hài Kịch : Thà Ăn Mày Hơn Ăn Cướp - Hoài Linh, Trang Thanh Lan: Didn't watch, but I'm sure it's funny ;)

12] Bé Xuân Mai - Liên Khúc : Mùa Xuân Ơi & Ngày Tết Quê Em: Okay, she's new so I can't be too hard on her...doubt she's going to be in anymore PBNs unless it calls for a child star! I have to admit that she is a cute little girl and does have a LOT of talent. A little chubby but she's still a little girl so what should we expect, right?! I think if it wasn't for her stage presence, she really wouldn't be anything because her voice is still that of a child but I mean, I respect what she does with her voice and she mentioned in the interview that she has made about 47 videos...Almost as much as Asia Entertainment! WOW! ;) She was really polite in her interview and super cute! She mentioned that she wants to be a doctor...wow, typical Asian child right? Wait till the MCATs come around, she might think twice hehe...Oh and yea, her dancing is equivalent to that of Trish Thuy Trang [not sure if that's good or bad...] but her Vietnamese is AMAZING! Maybe she can teach Trish a few words ;)

13] Hương Lan - Cánh Thiệp Ðầu Xuân: YAY! She actually IS in this video! I know that there were a lot of concerns when she was no where to be found on the website track listing...wonder why they left her out? Liked the song since Huong Lan is a classic...until she broke out with the Tan Co...that's when I hit NEXT!

14] Mạnh Quỳnh - Mùa Xuân Lá Khô: Yet another Manh Quynh song...nothing special...hasn't he even worn this color suit before? I'm sure his fans will be loving him more than I do...

15] Loan Châu - Mộng Chiều Xuân (MTV): Okay...one word...GORGEOUS! This MTV was filmed SO beautifully, I can't describe it but you can see it in the screen captures. It doesn't look cheap at all like in Minh Tuyet's karaoke DVD...this looks VERY professional...or maybe it could have been that soft filter that they added. Either way, the video was shot beautifully and most of all...the SONG! I can't stop listening to it! It sounds like this song for like a Vietnamese queen! I can't describe it, listen to it for yourself, it just sounds like this royalty song and her voice is AMAZING! The scenery in the video, I can't get over it...wow...I was blown away!

16] Hương Thủy - Ðoản Xuân Ca: Huong Thuy looks cute in this number! Love the little ribbons, and the dancing was very nice. The camera angles were of special note. You can see it in my screen captures in a different thread but I love how the camera people REALLY take advantage of shooting the show in 16:9 ratio...the angles they use really utilize the feature of shooting in wide screen. Great job camera people! Oh yea...back to Huong Thuy...yea, it was cute...I really don't have anything more to say!

17] Thế Sơn - Mai Lệ Xuân: Hm...yea yet another The Song song but something different about him in this one...very enthusiastic, especially when he hit the last note! Very nice song and not sure how many The Son fans there are but I've always appreciated him since his debut in PBN in Las Vegas and I think he hasn't missed a single PBN right? But how sad that I never see people mention him when they announce who's going to be in the next show. He must have a lifetime contract with Thuy Nga...

18] Nhật Trung, La Sương Sương - Tình Em Mùa Xuân: WOW! BEAUTIFUL SONG! Haven't seen La Suong Suong in a while and one thing I noticed is that her voice in this song hits more high notes than those low notes that makes us wonder 'which one is the male/female' when these two duet!!! I'm serious! Back when she was in PBN 67/68 her voice was always deeper than that of Nhat Trung! Her voice is absolutely beautiful in this number and her and NT really complement each other. A very soft ballad that I'm sure to be listening over and over again!

19] Như Quỳnh - Xuân Mong Chờ: Okay, this song was whatever. I expected a little more. Of course we all know that Nhu Quynh's voice is hands down always going to be good in mostly whatever she sings. But I didn't really care for this song. Sometimes her dance moves were a little awkward when compared to the other two dancers. The lighting was also dark...maybe that's the effect that they were going for. When I was doing screen captures for this one, it was a little difficult because they didn't really focus on any good angles. What a disappointment!

20] Hài Kịch : Lương Sơn Bá, Chúc Anh Ðài - Hoài Linh, Chí Tài, Bé Tí: Skipped...Chi Tai should never dress up as a woman EVER AGAIN!

21] Lương Tùng Quang, Bảo Hân - Mùa Xuân Trở Về: DROOL...LOVED this song...two of my favorite pop singers! Wow, I had to seriously look hard...Bao Han looked JUST like Cat Tien in this one!!!! And LTQ...where do I start??? HOT!!!!!!! Can we please get MORE of him PLEASE?! ;) LTQ smile is so sincere...I really wish I can meet him in real life and tell him how big of a fan I am! These two were really cute together but honestly I liked their duet in PBN 73 better...yes, two different types of songs...but nonetheless they pulled this one off flawlessly ;)

22] Lưu Bích - Mùa Xuân Ðang Ðến: Luu Bich was very casual in this one...jeans, fluffy top...no legs showing! Surprise! I loved this song, Luu Bich has really become high on my list of favorite singers. I don't think she's the best singer in the world but I do prefer her over a lot of other singers!

23] Thủy Tiên - Em Là Xuân Về: Thuy Tien was really pretty in this song. When the butterfly backdrop was behind her, she almost appeared like a fairy! A very sweet song, Thuy Tien's stage presence and vocals were very nice! At the end she spoke a little English...well, she said Thank You, but still! Oh which reminds me, today when I was listening to my iPod at the gym, her song came on that is in English...forgot the name but I have to admit that I REALLY liked it!!!!

24] Nguyễn Hưng - Hãy Mang Ðến Những Mùa Xuân: This song reminded me a little of his song from PBN 77 although I like that one A LOT more! I thought Nguyen Hung's shirt was a little too tight. While we all know he can pull off the tight look, just something about this one that didn't look right. Of course he's still dancing but this one wasn't like CRAZY dancing...like I said before, similar to PBN 77.

25] Bằng Kiều - Lắng Nghe Mùa Xuân Về: Okay, yes I LOVE BK...at the beginning he was singing REALLY softly while Nhat Trung was in the back playing the piano and it was really nice...but I saw that guitar in his hands...I knew something was to come...his voice was so beautiful, but then it became somewhat a rock song...not rock like Ngoc Anh type rock but I like him singing slow ballads better. Nhat Trung provided harmony vocals.

26] Dương Triệu Vũ - Dáng Xuân: Hm...don't know about this one. I honestly don't think this guy should dance. Sometimes I feel awkward for him. I know he's a great performer, I've seen him life and I love his voice. However, the dancing...not necessary, I'd rather see LTQ in a song like this. He's also so white! Need to hit the beach or tanning bed!

27] Bảo Hân, Như Loan, Hồ Lệ Thu, Minh Tuyết, La Sương Sương, Tâm Ðoan, Ngọc Liên, Tú Quyên - Liên Khúc : Xuân Vui Ca & Chúc Mừng Xuân: BEAUTIFUL! The colors of the ao dai are SO beautiful! Wonder what happened to Nhu Quynh in this one. Glad to see Ngoc Lien and La Suong Suong join the group songs! Ngoc Lien was really cute! And Tu Quyen was in this one too for all you Tu Quyen fans! However, I think that the choreographer is running out of ideas for these large all female group songs...their moves are very similar to the finale of PBN 75. Particularly the hands in the air from side to side and the cha cha cha moves. The dragon dancers went crazy in the background and often went around the singers. Also noticed that Minh Tuyet forgot to clap once! Oops! That's okay I still love you and your fans do too!!!! I still can't get over how beautiful the colors of the dresses are! Definitely a WAY better finale than PBN 76!!!! Sorry Thuy Tien fans!

28] Adam Hồ - Lie Under My Bed (MTV): Okay don't plan on watching this unless I'm super bored...SORRY!!!

CONCLUSION! WOW...sorry for so much writing! But I wanted to give my thorough opinion/synopsis! In the end, yes some may think that PBN 76 is better and in a way it is. There are more recognizable Tet songs which they slam packed into one show...but I'm sure that they really weren't planning to have another Tet show! Plus it was the first Tet show that PBN has done. With a 2nd show, I'm happy that it wasn't an exact copy because what would be the point of that? There were a lot of new things, new singers, new ideas, MOST OF ALL...NEW SONGS! In a way you can think of it as Thuy Nga being the trend setter/starter of these becoming the new big recognized Tet songs! Hehe maybe I'm jumping ahead of myself! Okay anyway...GO GET THIS DVD NOW!!!!!! I LOVED IT!!!! AND YOU WILL TOO!!!

The Looks of Ky Duyen!

Menus and Screens

CD SAP PHAT HANH:

DVD SAP PHAT HANH:

THANK YOU THUY NGA!!!

CANNOT WAIT FOR PBN 81!!!
Post #: 1
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/11/2006 6:19:57 PM   
iLuvTuQuyen

WOW cant wait yall get it tomorow already? lucky!!!!

Supporter of:
Tu Quyen / Bao Han

Tam Doan / Minh Tuyet

Loan Chau / Nhu Loan

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 2
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/11/2006 6:48:21 PM   
brandonvu

That is nice and smart of you to set things up ready like that. I've always enjoyed your reviews buddy!

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 3
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/11/2006 6:49:46 PM   
brandonvu

And I bet with schooling and jobs if you can set up things like that it would be AWESOME!

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 4
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/11/2006 7:18:51 PM   
iLuvTuQuyen

oh ahahahaha u name the title wrong it PBN 80 not PBN 79 ppls might mistake....think u should edit it ahahaha

Supporter of:
Tu Quyen / Bao Han

Tam Doan / Minh Tuyet

Loan Chau / Nhu Loan

I LUV TU QUYEN!!!!

Great Site!!!
http://nav.to/tuquyensite

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 5
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/11/2006 7:28:55 PM   
holethulover

TOMMAROW FOR U!?!? LUCKY

YES, i KNOW LUU BiCH&NGOC LiEN& HO LE THU&THUY VAN ARE B-E-A-UTiFUL. <33

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 6
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/11/2006 8:09:09 PM   
arthurtran

I think that most places will get the DVD tomorrow (earliest) and on Monday (latest)

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 7
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/11/2006 11:02:47 PM   
Viet Musique

Isn't it supposed to be released on January 16, according to Kavana?

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 8
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/12/2006 6:03:52 AM   
Ai Quoc

If it's going to be released on the 16 which is a Monday, they have to receive it at least by Saturday...so it is possible that they could get it any day now :)

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 9
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/12/2006 6:10:04 AM   
MURA159

I just can't wait for this. I think we will get them today in Massachussetts. I hope so

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 10
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/12/2006 11:20:45 AM   
smoon4ever

quote:
Originally posted by brandonvu

And I bet with schooling and jobs if you can set up things like that it would be AWESOME!

you're funny but how true

can't wait for the preview!!!

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 11
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/12/2006 1:57:14 PM   
tuquyenfan

So is it out yet????

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 12
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/12/2006 2:28:11 PM   
Bach Tuyet

OMG you had me all happy and then it tturned out you didnt get the DVD yet....

[IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/villusion/kisses.gif[/IMG]
LIFE IS A GAME; TO LIVE OR TO DIE

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 13
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/12/2006 2:30:55 PM   
Asias_Spy

Hey AIQUOC...don't forget the picture scans for all of us also..you are so great at this now. THANKS IN ADVANCE, AQ !

~~~~ TT 4EVER!!!!!! ~~~~

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 14
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/12/2006 3:48:42 PM   
anhie.tk

This is the first time..that i actually can't wait for a Paris By Night DVD/Video..1. it's holiday i'm very bored has nothing to do. 2. It's TET soon, i want some music to blow my house away 3. I think the quality of the DREAMS show was real good. hehehe.

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 15
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/12/2006 4:52:20 PM   
Ai Quoc

quote:
Originally posted by Asias_Spy

Hey AIQUOC...don't forget the picture scans for all of us also..you are so great at this now. THANKS IN ADVANCE, AQ !

~~~~ TT 4EVER!!!!!! ~~~~

AWWW THANK YOU FOR SUCH NICE WORDS!

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 16
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/12/2006 7:05:26 PM   
tinasanjose

I went to a video store in San Jose this evening and they said they won't have it until MONDAY... :(

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 17
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/12/2006 7:25:25 PM   
TranHoaiBao

Monday la Luther King Holiday ma` buu ddien closed ma. Po' tay

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 18
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/12/2006 7:27:58 PM   
tinasanjose

oh, most video stores in San Jose nhan ha`ng tu xe ddo` Hoa`ng. Xe ddo` Hoang deliver ddo^` from Santa Ana to San Jose.

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 19
RE: Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! - 1/12/2006 7:30:55 PM   
TranHoaiBao

vay a`. Sao ba` kyduyen no'i release date la Jan 12

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Thúy Nga Online] >> [Default Category] >> Thúy Nga Products >> Paris By Night 80: Tet Khap Moi Nha DVD Review! Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode