Thúy Nga Forum

RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Thúy Nga Online] >> [Default Category] >> Thúy Nga Products >> RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 12/25/2012 3:23:43 AM   
kevotinh911

no i am not crazy. I did not feel they explain and show enough, and most of the lua flying on stage doesn't really look good. its kind of ugly, when you can see the lines in the middle showing the fold lines.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ai Quoc

No feeling of silk AT ALL!? Are you crazy?

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevotinh911

I enjoy the show itself, but did not have the feeling of lua at all. I love the last song and show. The ao dai was beautiful and creative.
The first one was bad. Horrible. Model is ugly, their walk is weak, most of their smile is distracting.. They don't even meet the model standard. Thuy nga singers did a better job. Which is sad.

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 21
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 12/25/2012 4:09:31 PM   
Asian_Love_Forever

My cousin bought PBN 106 , so i just watch part of it and i have to say... this is the first time that i LOVE Ngoc Anh number... this is one perfect opening. Never like ngoc anh.. but this change my mind.. TN should let her do more of this numbers. Can't wait till i grab my copy.

PARIS BY NIGHT 111
RELEASING AUG 22 2014

(in reply to kevotinh911)
Post #: 22
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 12/25/2012 9:45:38 PM   
Ai Quoc

If you call this UGLY then what do you think of an Asia Entertainment video!?!???

quote:

no i am not crazy. I did not feel they explain and show enough, and most of the lua flying on stage doesn't really look good. its kind of ugly, when you can see the lines in the middle showing the fold lines.

quote:

quote:

I enjoy the show itself, but did not have the feeling of lua at all. I love the last song and show. The ao dai was beautiful and creative.
The first one was bad. Horrible. Model is ugly, their walk is weak, most of their smile is distracting.. They don't even meet the model standard. Thuy nga singers did a better job. Which is sad.

Post #: 23
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 12/26/2012 12:55:33 AM   
Andy Con Ca

funny when people dont have anything else to say or back up, they always seem to drag in other production and put them down to raise one production...JUST SAYING...

I was at that show, and i thought it turned out pretty good, better then i expected. I do agree that i didnt feel much of "Lua" not talking about the stage, i wish more about the history of "lua" was explained and talked about, instead of talking about the Sponsors and what not. I like that they used lua in most if not all the song, it' was the main Stage Prop. The opening was very well done, i want to see more Lua flying every where lol...

https://www.facebook.com/andyconca

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 24
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 12/27/2012 12:44:36 AM   
puppyLo16

I thought the show was okay, yeah it seem only Lua was used as prop most of the time ...it was just there but there weren't much emphasis on it other than their emphasis on their advertisers. I understand it has come to this point since they have no other choice but it feels cheap.

I like that they finally used a solo artist for the opening...they could have easily done another female group performance so kudos to them.

Looking at the credits I see they have more music producers so I'm glad they are adding more variety to the regulars that appear on every dvd and cd of Thuy Ngas although they are still there. Hope they continue this as some music does sound more fresh.

Oh yeah, the giving away money is getting really old and the questions are really easy most of the time. I'm sure it's a thrill for the people attending the live show but how is it fun for the audience at home? watching someone win money over a question? it's not like it's deal or no deal kind of thing. Just takes up space on the dvd.

Check this out!

http://mnnlo.blogspot.com/
http://www.vietpopstars.com

(in reply to Andy Con Ca)
Post #: 25
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 12/27/2012 7:06:27 PM   
Asian_Love_Forever

I just finish watching, and what i notice was no one got the question wrong LOL . I really enjoy those question part myself tho...
But here is my Top 5 in random order
1.Anh Đừng Đi – Hương Giang & Mai Tiến Dũng
2.Trả Lại Em – Lưu Bích & Trịnh Lam
3.Không Thể Quên Anh – Như Loan & Diễm Sương
4.Dáng Em Lụa Là – Ngọc Anh
5.Dối Trá – Ánh Minh & Lương Tùng Quang

Also, i really enjoy KPU and QV number as well, and Duy truong and ha vy number was really enjoyable also, i love upbeat que huong songs. MT and QD numbers i love the song and as well as the fabric flying around on stages. Both fashion show was very enjoyable also.

PARIS BY NIGHT 111
RELEASING AUG 22 2014

(in reply to puppyLo16)
Post #: 26
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 12/29/2012 9:21:02 PM   
kevotinh911

PBN have nothing to do with Asia Entertainment. After watching the show. I felt that the show was very good and enjoyable. But The Lua and fashion was not what I expected. It was way below my expectation. The 2 fashion shows. The first one was really bad. The white net fabric. I didn't think that was Lua. But I couldn't be wrong. I felt that was off theme or they should not use that fabric. It doesn't go nice with ao dai. The models was horrible. They are extremely ugly, all my family think so. Their smiles was distracting from the lua and ao dai. Which was the main theme. Their walk was really weak. I felt it was some high school club fashion show. But the 2nd song for that fashion show was catching tho and some of the ao dai in the first fashion show was pretty nice, but most of it was not good.

I agree that the question for money is getting a little bit not enjoy to watch anymore. It was to easy. No fun. They should have 50% hard questions and 50% easy questions. Maybe next time they'll put all the question in a basket and let the audience pick it out themselves. Its fair when they pick it themselves. hahhaha.

quote:

If you call this UGLY then what do you think of an Asia Entertainment video!?!???

quote:

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 27
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 1/1/2013 11:20:39 AM   
Thesonrocks

anh The Son ca tan co wa hay lun

Post #: 28
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 1/1/2013 1:00:20 PM   
lovemusique

Bài hát của Ngọc Anh is perfect for the show.

The first fashion show is horrible. Áo dài không đẹp tí nào. Coi mà cứ nghĩ chắc tại dư vải quá nên quấn lên người các cô người mẫu cho hết. Phần design cùa Thái Nguyễn còn tệ hơn. Dùng thêm phần vải voan trắng phủ lên, trông không có nghệ thuật tí nào, cứ tưởng đống vải lau nhà. Người mẫu trình diễn thì cứ phải nắm lấy mấy cái vạt áo đưa ra để khoe cái đống vải dư thừa.

The second fashion show is much better. Các ca sĩ tuy không phải người mẫu chuyên nghiệp nhưng đi catwalk có vẻ tự nhiên hơn, thích nhất là Như Loan. Lúc Như Loan đi catwalk, tà áo dài lúc nào cũng nằm thẳng và phủ đều phần trước, không bị bay vào giữa hai chân.

Các câu đố vui hơi bị quá. Biết là cố tình để khán giả trúng thưởng nhưng cũng đừng quá đáng giống con nít như vậy........ như câu đố của bài hát Chuyện Tình Người Trinh Nữ Tên Thi..... hơi lố bịch.

Chương trình kỳ này mình chỉ thích xem các phần biểu diễn, cách dàn dựng sân khấu, vũ đạo thôi, chứ nội dung bài hát thì chỉ 50%. Hy vọng lần sau Thúy Nga nên xem xét các nội dung bài hát kỹ lưỡng một chút cho chương trình thêm phần có giá trị văn hóa.

(in reply to Thesonrocks)
Post #: 29
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 1/1/2013 11:35:35 PM   
kevotinh911

I agree with u on the extra fabric. It was not wearable, presentable, it was just ugly. Sorry i have to use that word. It was not creative. Rat la du thua.

quote:

ORIGINAL: lovemusique

The first fashion show is horrible. Áo dài không đẹp tí nào. Coi mà cứ nghĩ chắc tại dư vải quá nên quấn lên người các cô người mẫu cho hết. Phần design cùa Thái Nguyễn còn tệ hơn. Dùng thêm phần vải voan trắng phủ lên, trông không có nghệ thuật tí nào, cứ tưởng đống vải lau nhà. Người mẫu trình diễn thì cứ phải nắm lấy mấy cái vạt áo đưa ra để khoe cái đống vải dư thừa.

(in reply to lovemusique)
Post #: 30
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 1/3/2013 1:18:55 PM   
puppyLo16

quote:

I agree with u on the extra fabric. It was not wearable, presentable, it was just ugly. Sorry i have to use that word. It was not creative. Rat la du thua.

quote:

sometimes fashion doesn't need to be wearable, most of the haute couture stuff we see on the major fashion runways are beyond wearable unless you are lady gaga then it works in your favor but what makes those great is that there is a concept behind it while these clothes seemed to be made lazily and uninspired. Like you said not presentable. We don't have many good designers in the viet community, so many just copy what's out there, while sometimes Calvin Hiep's designs are tacky and cheesy I like that he is bold and daring, willing to take risk and that's what we need more since these Thai Nguyen and the other guy are aiming to please which comes out boring and not creative.

Check this out!

Post #: 31
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 1/3/2013 2:25:13 PM   
LuvUalways

@kevotinh911 - I remember NNN said in the show that "although the theme of this PBN is SILK LUA but there isn't enough songs about LUA SILK to put together to make up a show" it is just like when PBN DREAM or Nua Vang Trang not every songs were about dream or moon. It is just the theme and they have some songs about the theme and everything else are coming from the stage set-up and the costume to tie into the theme.
@puppyLo16 - I agree with you about ngoc Ann's costume. It is stage costume not meant to be everyday wear

~~~Love and Support Minh Tuyết Forever~~~

(in reply to puppyLo16)
Post #: 32
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 1/3/2013 5:12:36 PM   
Asian_Love_Forever

My family thought the Ao Dai fashion show look amazing.

PARIS BY NIGHT 111
RELEASING AUG 22 2014

(in reply to LuvUalways)
Post #: 33
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 1/3/2013 10:54:41 PM   
kevotinh911

quote:

ORIGINAL: LuvUalways

@kevotinh911 - I remember NNN said in the show that "although the theme of this PBN is SILK LUA but there isn't enough songs about LUA SILK to put together to make up a show" it is just like when PBN DREAM or Nua Vang Trang not every songs were about dream or moon. It is just the theme and they have some songs about the theme and everything else are coming from the stage set-up and the costume to tie into the theme.
@puppyLo16 - I agree with you about ngoc Ann's costume. It is stage costume not meant to be everyday wear

I am not complaining about the show itself not enough lua. I felt they should have talk more about the history of lua. like Where it come from and how it been use through out time. They should have a fashion show of every style from history how we use lua. Not just in ao dai, and current style, When I saw they have a Lua theme. I felt more history was involve. After I saw the first fashion show. I wish they could have give the designers a theme. Like remake fashion through out time. Every outfit will have a different type of lua and color combination. Have at least 3 different types of style from VN (any period of time).

Make the designer work harder to bring interesting, presentable, new ideas, difference to the PBN stage.

quote:

I am glade they didn't have the whole show with lua songs. Which make the show really boring. I like the music in this show. or at least most of them. I just really really dislike their first fashion show. and they brought models from Vietnam, which was really a wasted of investment.

I am sorry if I am picky. But I really really dislike the first fashion show. They even make it a fashion show, their was no singers on stage. It was just the songs playing and the models walking. It should be more watchable. and more special. The 2nd fashion show was a song and performance, its like a fashion show, not exactly a fashion show.

If Thuy Nga going to have a fashion show on PBN stage again (a real fashion show like the first one.), Please make sure u know what you are putting on stage. I have to watch the first fashion show two times or maybe 3 times to finish. I can't not stand watching it. Keep have to walk away or skip it. IT was that horrible.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Asian_Love_Forever

My family thought the Ao Dai fashion show look amazing.

maybe i am just picky? But I really see nothing in the first show. There was a model, she hold up both ta` ao in the back. You can see her butt pants. which was ugly and no vietnamese lady will wants to show their butt like that. specially on camera.

< Message edited by kevotinh911 -- 1/3/2013 11:16:39 PM >

(in reply to LuvUalways)
Post #: 34
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 1/4/2013 1:29:52 PM   
puppyLo16

quote:

Thanks for the comments LuvUalways but just to be clear, kevotinh and I were discussing the 1st fashion show and I was agreeing with what he said...sorry if it didn't came out clear. It's obvious her outfit is a stage costume but he didn't mention that at all.

Check this out!

(in reply to LuvUalways)
Post #: 35
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 1/4/2013 1:32:48 PM   
puppyLo16

quote:

maybe i am just picky? But I really see nothing in the first show. There was a model, she hold up both ta` ao in the back. You can see her butt pants. which was ugly and no vietnamese lady will wants to show their butt like that. specially on camera.

Kevotinh, it alright to be picky, you want the best and Marie To is notorious for being one too so why can't you? You make great points, don't let other members get to you, you got my support!

Check this out!

Post #: 36
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 1/4/2013 4:50:10 PM   
kevotinh911

quote:

ORIGINAL: puppyLo16

quote:

Thanks for the comments LuvUalways but just to be clear, kevotinh and I were discussing the 1st fashion show and I was agreeing with what he said...sorry if it didn't came out clear. It's obvious her outfit is a stage costume but he didn't mention that at all.

Thanks puppyLo16. Yeah, i didnt say anything about Ngoc Anh opening. I think the opening was great. Yes the costume for ngoc anh is not wearable outside of the stage, but it was presentable. I have no say in any costume on pbn 106. But i have alot to say about only the first fashion show. I am interested in fashion because of pbn shows. And i am very disappointed this time. Thai nguyen and the other designer have work with thuy nga before. They were ok. But this time it was just horrible.

(in reply to puppyLo16)
Post #: 37
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 1/15/2013 8:51:18 AM   
Boy_tahn

quote:

quote:

Thai Nguyen stuff are always very tacky and messy, especially the stuff he's done for Asia, every time we watch Asia DVD we just wanna jump into the tv and rip off those extra bows and ribbon and fabric he added on. The only time he got good clothes turned out to be ripping off other designers.

Post #: 38
RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review - 1/16/2013 10:25:16 AM   
kevotinh911

I wonder how he still be working in this industry with out any talented or hard working.

(in reply to Boy_tahn)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Thúy Nga Online] >> [Default Category] >> Thúy Nga Products >> RE: Paris by Night 106: Lua Review Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode