Equilibrium -> RE: PARIS BY NIGHT 106 - SILK (6/19/2012 9:41:20 PM)
Definitely sparks a fashion show for me.
- We'll get some history of silk which will somehow define the prominence of the material in Vietnamese culture.
- We'll get a fashion show with about 10 female singers.
- I don't know how they'll integrate 'silk' with the quiz portion of the show but that will be interesting. I'm guessing there might be large samples of silk for the ones who get it right
- I hope they do the same thing with Pam Chu/Don Ho's performance where Pam is in the air, but instead with some long silk outfit maybe with a few dancers. Anything that involves someone in the air will definitely happen.
- Like most openings, they'll extend the sleeves of the dancers outfits so they can throw their arms about. Looks amazing but, very predictable. Or maybe they'll pull out a huge piece of silk out to the audience like they did in 99. But hey, surprise me.
- There will definitely be a number that involves a female singer with the dancers waving a long silk piece. It almost always happens.
- Ky Duyen will talk about every Ao Dai/outfit that is presented on the stage and who it was made by.
- Highly doubtful, but I hope Thuynga brings in different experts/designers in silk. I think this is quite a necessity.
- There will be a number (most likely by Nhu Quynh/Huong Thuy/Mai Thien Van) that has the silk weaving thing like Nhu Quynh's 'To Tam' number in 67, unless I'm completely wrong about what that machine does.
- Backdrops will be heavily silk inspired.
- I may be wrong on this one but they might use that LED light thing with the lines that they used in 100 and then again in 104 to outline the stage which they then used again in 105.
- I'd be amused at a number with male ao dai.
- Judging by the flyer above, the final design might not be spectacular, but repetitive. I hope the colour mixtures this time round are done correctly because 105's blu-ray/DVD cover wasn't harmonised, if you know what I mean.
- Perhaps not but Thuynga might fork out a photoshoot with the female singers and display them on the pillars of Planet Hollywood like they did with 98 and 100. I don't recall 104 doing it.
- Thanh Ha must sing 'La Vie En Rose'. She's the only singer I can see with the proper harmony in her voice to make it an outstanding number. With Tuan Ngoc/Khanh Ha's performance in 105, Thanh Ha would top it.
- Please don't include Celina in the opening number where she comes down on a giant '25' and then holds a big globe with a light bulb in it.
- If this show is fashion focused, which it likely is, I hope Thai Nguyen/Calvin Hiep think outside the box with what they design. It is sometimes great to create something controversial.
- Place more effort into the opening screen where you introduce the executive producer etc, it devalues the anticipation and quality of the product. The opening screen for 105 seriously lacked anything different from the flyers.